Competency and Human Resource Management Executive
Competency and Human Resource Management Executive is one of the executives which is accountable to the Vice President of Administration and Development of the university.
The following are the duties and responsibilities of the Executive
- Develop human resources management working procedures in line with existing policies in terms of human resources planning, filling vacant positions, human resources development, compensation, and benefits.
- Develop human resources management-related strategies and operational plans and follow up on their implementation upon approval.
- Ensure that human resources policies and work procedures are known and complied with by individuals as well as collective bodies concerned
- Devise and implement employee compensation, benefits, grievance handling, and separation management subsystems and ensure their proper implementation.
- Advise all bodies concerned on efficient and effective handling of human resources management tasks such as planning, recruitment, placement, development, promotion, transfer, and discharges.
- Ensure that human resources management-related decisions in the University are consistent with pertinent policies and regulations of the University and the laws of the land
- Plan, coordinated, and executed human resources training and development activities throughout the University.
- Evaluate employee performance, recommend good performers for pay raises promotions, or other forms of reward, and take corrective measures on least performers to improve their performance.
- Advise University higher officials on human resources matters.
- Handle discipline committee recommendations as per the mandate given to the directorate;
- Facilitate human power acquisition requests.
- Plan and study employee benefit schemes, propose how best they can be handled, and execute them on approval.
- Provide the necessary support for college/school level human resources work units.
- Setting up accessible grievance handling procedures and properly handling them.
- Maintaining employees’ personnel documents and archives; performing other related duties.
Director Contact:- Misganaw Wassie Yalew