About DTU Library
Debre Tabor University Library System was established as a university library in 2005 E.C. Currently, DTU library facilities and services are offered to students, researchers, and communities through four well-established branches: the Social Library, the Technology Library, the Health Sciences Library, and Prof. Mekonnen Assefa Library. Furthermore, the university library is commissioned to promote the teaching-learning process, research, and community service goals of the University by providing well-structured and organized information. In order to achieve the mission and objectives of the university, the DTU Library sets out the following functions:
- Developing and managing collections.
- Identifying and providing learning resources to teachers, researchers, and students.
- Managing available resources efficiently, effectively, and economically.
- Establishing an environment conducive to study that caters to multiple learning styles.
- Liaising with users to establish their needs and to cooperate with management and other University services to meet these needs.
- Training users and staffs to develop their information exploitation skills for efficient and effective utilization of information resources.
- Carrying out appropriate development work in the library and information professionalism with the aim of improving the library’s multiple-purpose services.
- Maintaining effective links with other systems at domestic as well as international levels.
DTU Library Services
Debre Tabor University’s Library and Documentation Service is open for 24 hours a day and seven days a week to extend its services and increase accessibility of information sources and services for all branch libraries. There are many facilities in the library that would enhance the teaching, learning, research and community services. Some of facilities include:
- Digital Library Services
- Institutional Repository Services
- Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC) Services
- Attendant Services
- Book Store Services
- Acquisition Services
- Periodical and Reference Services
- Circulation Services
- Stack Services
- Inter Library Loan Services
- Photocopy Services
- Binding Services
- Documentation and Ethiopian Collection Services
- Group Discussion Room
- Special Need Reading Room
- Gunie Collection Services
Vision and Mission
To be the leading and preferable academic library in the country and recognized research-oriented library in Africa.
To support teaching, learning and research activities through rendering users-oriented library and information services as well as acquiring relevant resources information to the society.