Welcome to the University Registrar and Alumni Directorate website. The Office of the University Registrar is a unit of the university responsible for all operational matters pertaining to student admission, selection, placement, registration, allocation of classrooms and lecture halls, and academic records of all faculties and graduates. Our office is responsible for maintaining academic records for all students who have ever attended DTU.
The Office of the University Registrar shall:
- Prepare the academic calendar of the University each year
- Ensure that pertinent laws, the Legislation, directives of the Senate and its committees, and guidelines on students (admission, registration, graduation) and curricula (courses, credit requirements, etc.) are equitably observed;
- Maintain up-to-date records on programs of study of the University;
- Create and maintain up-to-date, confidential, private, safe, and permanent records of all students, including drop-outs, dismissals, withdrawals, and alumni of undergraduate and graduate programs;
- Create and maintain up-to-date and accurate information on student admission, placement, registration, academic performance, retention, attrition, and graduation based on types, programs, and modes of delivery;
- Ensure that optimum use is made of classrooms, lecture halls, and laboratories and maintain accurate records of such utilizations.
- Prepare and issue the Academic Calendar, University Catalogue(s), admission prospectus, and student handbooks of the University regularly;
- Issue transcripts, degrees, diplomas, and certificates;
- Be responsible for the custody of the Common Seal of the University;
- Establish links with university registrar offices in and outside Ethiopia.
- Set university-wide general criteria for admission as per the decision of the senate and its committee;
- Oversee the college/faculties/schools intake;
- Prepare the list of candidates approved by the Senate eligible for the award of degrees, diplomas, and certificates;
I hope you will take a few minutes to look around, and please let us know if we can be of any help. Just contact us at email@example.com or +251581416892
Abebaw Tadesse Wubie
DTU Registrar and Alumni Directorate Director